Home Kitchen Recipe | Bubur Cha Cha - Taro (Yam) and Sweet Potato Coconut Milk Dessert
1/3 pound sweet potato (orange species) - cubed
1/3 pound sweet potato (purple species) - cubed
1/3 pound baby taro or yam - cubed
1-2 ripe banana - sliced 1/2 inch length
1/2 cup tapioca pearls or sago
1/3 cup brown sugar/rock sugar/palm sugar (gula melaka) - I use brown sugar
5.6 oz (165 ml) coconut milk
1 piece screw pine or pandan leaves - folded
3 cup water (depends on the coconut milk thickness preferred)
dash of salt
1. Steam taro and sweet potato to almost (95%) cooked. Set aside.
Tips: Toothpick can go through the flesh but the texture still holds it shape. Â
2. To prepare tapioca pearls/sago:
a. Soak tapioca pearls or sago in cold water for 5 minutes. Drain it.
b. Put 4 cup water in a saucepan and bring to boil.
c. After the water has boiled, place tapioca pearls and keep stirring until all the white pearls turn transparent.
d. Drain and rinse with cold running water. Set aside.
3. Pour water into a medium size saucepan.
4. Add sugar and bring water to boil to dissolve the sugar. Stir occasionally.
5. Add coconut milk. Stay at medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes and keep stirring.
Tips: Always stay at low-medium heat to avoid overcook coconut milk.
6. Add sweet potatoes, bananas, taros and tapioca pearls. Season with a dash of salt. Simmer at low-medium heat for 5 minutes.
7. Ready to serve hot or chilled it to serve cold.
Feel free to visit my other blogs, DayBreak, DigiScrapBlog.