24 Aug 2008
A fresh and spicy peach sauce adds pizzazz to mouthwatering, tender beef brisket.
4 1/2 pounds Certified Angus Beef® brisket
2 habanera peppers, seeded
2 tablespoons ginger, chopped
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup Lea & Perrins® Worcestershire Sauce
2 pounds peaches, peeled and pitted
1/4 cup stone ground mustard
1/2 cup granulated sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare smoker or grill to smoke brisket.
2. To make peach sauce: sweat habanera, ginger and shallot in butter until tender. Add Worcestershire Sauce to deglaze pan. Add peaches and mustard, cook for 10 minutes over low heat. Purée in blender. Add sugar; season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Season brisket with salt and pepper if you like and cook for about 30 minutes turning once. Brush with peach sauce about every 30 minutes; smoke brisket for 7 to 8 hours.
Serves 10 to 12.
Nutritional Information per Serving: 353 Calories; 18g Fat; 7g Saturated Fat; 122mg Cholesterol; 17g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 39g Protein; 232mg Sodium; 25% daily value Iron (based on 2,000 calorie diet).
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of www.certifiedangusbeef.com, through ECES, Inc., Electronic Color Editorial Services.
17 Aug 2008
By: Recipe courtesy Paula Deen, 2007
Recipe Source: Foodnetwork.com
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 5 S'mores sandwiches
10 store-bought chocolate chip cookies (the larger the better)
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 cup small marshmallows
1 cup chocolate chips
Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Brush grill with canola oil.
Cut the bananas in half, lengthwise and grill, skin side down just until warm. Remove warmed banana from the skin and cut again in half.
On a piece of aluminum foil, place 1 cookie. Top evenly with banana slices, marshmallows, chocolate chips, graham cracker crumbs and top with another cookie. Wrap foil around the sandwich and place on the grill until warmed through and melted.
9 Aug 2008
SUBMITTED BY: Diane
PHOTO BY: chestnut
Recipe Source: allrecipes.com
"A moist scrumptious bread with chocolate and spices that even the kids will love. It's a great way to use up all of those extra zucchinis in your garden!"
PREP TIME 30 Min
COOK TIME 1 Hr
READY IN 1 Hr 30 Min
Original recipe yield 2 9x5 inch loaf pans
* 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
* 3 eggs
* 2 cups white sugar
* 1 cup vegetable oil
* 2 cups grated zucchini
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate until melted. Stir occasionally until chocolate is smooth.
2. In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, oil, grated zucchini, vanilla and chocolate; beat well. Stir in the flour baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared loaf pans.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a loaf comes out clean.