Coconut Flour Rhubarb Muffins
makes about 18 muffinsIngredients
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely diced rhubarbDirections
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine the coconut flour, sea salt, and baking soda. Sift together or whisk until well combined.
- In a larger bowl beat eggs and mix in milk, honey, and vanilla extract.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients in the larger bowl and when almost completely combined stir in diced rhubarb.
- Butter a muffin pan (these will stick to muffin papers) and fill the muffin cups about 3/4 full of batter. (An ice cream scoop is perfect for this.)
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 15-20 minutes, or until nicely browned on top and done through. The tops will get darker than the average muffin due to the use of honey rather than sugar, but it should not affect the flavor.
- Cool and serve.