Gluten Free Ratio Rally – Hazelnut/Coconut Pancakes
- 50g hazelnut meal
- 50g buckwheat flour
- 30g shredded coconut (pulsed in food processor to be a bit finer)
- 30g white rice flour
- 40g tapioca starch
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 200g milk w/ a bit of lemon (didn’t have buttermilk on hand)
- 100g eggs (i.e., 2 eggs)
- 50g canola oil
- 30g of OJ
- butter for frying
- chocolate chips or oranges or maple syrup for fun
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, add the milk/lemon, eggs, and canola oil and whisk them together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones, and then add in up to 30g OJ to thin out the batter a little. Let stand about 10 min.
- Heat a skillet on med-high heat and melt about 2 tbs. butter. Pour about 1/4 c. of batter at a time onto the pan – when the pancakes start to bubble through, it’s usually a good time to flip. Let cook about 1 minute more and then serve.