Sweet Potato Biscuits (Makes about 20 Biscuits)
2 Cup All Purpose Flour
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Salt
1/4 Cup Butter, chilled and cubed
1 Cup Sweet Potatoes, cooked & mashed
1/3 Cup Milk
2 Tbsp Honey
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Place the first 4 ingredients in a food processor and pulse to combine.
3. Add butter and pulse until it resembles coarse meal.
4. Add the sweet potatoes, milk and honey and pulse until the dough comes together.
5. Place dough onto parchment paper and knead 5 times to combine the ingredients and then shape into a flat disk (you don’t want to over knead the dough).
6. Place another piece of parchment paper on top and roll out with a rolling pin until 3/4-1/2 inch thick.
7. Cut into circles or other shapes using cookie cutter.
8. Place the biscuits on a Silpat or parchment-lined baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray.
9. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
10. Cool and serve.