Sous Vide Turkey Leg Recipe
Sous Vide Turkey Leg RecipeYield: 2 turkey legs
- 2 large turkey legs, about 1 pound each
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 large fresh sage leaves, crumpled by hand
- 1 large sprig of rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- Preheat tour sous vide machine to 170 degrees F.
- Rinse the turkey legs under cool water, then dry completely with a paper towel.
- Place turkey legs in a large vacuum sealer bag with butter, sage, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Vacuum seal bag.
- Place sealed bag into the water bath and allow to cook for 6-7 hours.
- After the turkey legs have cooked, remove them from the water bath. Open bag and pour butter into a small bowl, discarding all vegetables and herbs.
- Preheat 3 tablespoons of the cooking butter in a large skillet over a medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, sear all sides of the turkey legs until they are golden brown.
- Serve hot with stuffing and your favorite mashed potatoes recipe.