Gluten Free Triple Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins
Makes 12 standard muffins
1/4 cup butter, room temperature
1/4 cup cream cheese
1/3 cup pureed pumpkin
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 – 1/2 cup of milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoons cinnamon
pinch of salt
1 cup GF flour mix
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup chocolate chips or chunks
1/3 cup cocoa nibs
- Preheat your over to 375F.
- Cream together butter, cream cheese and sugar. Add pumpkin and mix again.
- Add eggs and 1/3 cup of milk. Mix again. (Reserve the remaining milk for the end, if you need it at all.)
- Add vanilla, cinnamon, salt, GF flour mix, baking powder and cocoa powder. Mix again.
- Check your consistency. If it is thin (like cake batter) DON’T add the extra milk. If it is thicker than a regular muffin batter, add the remaining milk.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks and cocoa nibs.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 of the way.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until completely baked through and set. (A toothpick test should only have ooey-gooey chocolate from the melted chunks, not batter goo if they are done.) Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for 5 – 10 minutes before eating.
9 Nov 2010
Gluten Free Triple Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins « Gluten Free Gobsmacked