Chéng Jiàng Páigǔ (橙酱排骨, Orange Sauce Pork Ribs)
- 650 grams pork ribs (排骨, Páigǔ)
- 3 tablespoons corn oil or sunflower oil (玉米油, Yùmǐ yóu)
- ½ teaspoon ginger, minced
- ½ teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (生抽, Shēng chōu)
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing cooking wine (黄酒, Huángjiǔ)
- 1 tablespoon orange sauce (橙酱, chéng jiàng), see below
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds (芝麻, Zhīma), for garnish
- 1 teaspoon salt (盐, Yán)
- Parboil pork ribs in salt water 20 minutes. Remove from heat and drain.
- Heat oil in wok and add ginger and garlic until fragrant. Add pork ribs and fry until golden. Add salt, soy sauce , and wine and continue stir frying for 2 minutes. Add orange sauce to stir fry until all ribs are coated with orange sauce. Salt to taste. Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with sesame seed.
Chéng Jiàng (橙酱, Orange Sauce)
- 5 oranges, ripe
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- Peel and deseed oranges. Dice then soak in lemon water to retain color for 10-20 minutes.
- Purée the oranges and boil in the wok until soft. When sauce begins to boil, turn down the fire and simmer for 25 minutes. Continue to stir while it simmers to prevent sticking and burning.
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar and lemon juice. The lemon juice acts as a natural preservative. Transfer to a sterilized jar and seal. When the sauce has cooled, store in the refrigerator.
6 Sep 2010
Recipe Source: by Shanti Christensen (湘緹)