Strawberry ShortCake Recipe
What You Need
- 1-1/4 cups Milk, divided
- 1/4 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 3 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2-1/4 cups All-purpose baking mix
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup Sugar
HEAT oven to 425°F.
- BEAT 1/2 cup milk, sour cream and 3 Tbsp. sugar in large bowl with whisk until well blended. Stir in baking mix just until moistened.
- Spread onto bottom of greased 9-inch round pan. Bake 12 to 15 min. or until golden brown. Cool in pan 5 min. Remove cake from pan to wire rack; cool completely.
- BEAT pudding mix and remaining milk in medium bowl with whisk 2 min. Stir in half the COOL WHIP. Toss strawberries with 1/3 cup sugar.
- CUT cake horizontally in half; stack layers on plate, filling with half the strawberry mixture and all the pudding mixture. Top with remaining COOL WHIP and strawberry mixture. Serve immediately.
Dessert can be part of a balanced diet but remember to keep tabs on portions.
Substitute 2 pkg. (10 oz. each) frozen sliced strawberries for the fresh strawberries.
This dessert is best when assembled just before serving. But if you prep all the ingredients ahead of time, it can be put together in just minutes! Bake the cake up to 24 hours ahead of time, then split the cake into layers after it is cooled and store in airtight container at room temperature.
Toss the sliced berries with the sugar and refrigerate until ready to use. And refrigerate the COOL WHIP overnight to thaw.