16 Jun 2010

Tender boiled chicken (白斩鸡)

I bought this recipe named Hometown Local Chinese New Year Dish no.8, the first recipe I had learn is Tender Boiled Chicken, by Madam Cheong Pek Kee.

Ingredients:
Chicken, some water (just enough to cover chicken)

Seasonings:
Some salt and MSG(this is optional for me to add in)

Method:
Wash chicken until clean, smear seasoning evenly on top of chicken. Boil water in pot, put in chicken and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, switch off heat and cover with lid, continue to simmer for about 30 minutes, remove and cut into pieces, serve.

Tips:
A more savory to taste this dish, is try soaking basil leaves into soy sauce, then dip in chicken meat to taste it.

For me, I put few slice ginger with chicken when I simmer it. For the seasoning, if you don't have basil leaves, may be you can try use coriander into soy sauce and little small chilli(optional)





Your Ad Here

No comments:

Chitika

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails