4 May 2009

Carrot cake

I like to eat carrot cake recently, my sister bought it to me from a cake shop she regular visit to. So I go to search for the recipe of carrot cake today, I want to try make this cake when I am free. Here I found the recipe of carrot cake from Allotment website.

Here there are:

This recipe submitted by Ann


Ingredients
  • 175g light muscovado sugar
  • 175ml sunflower oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 140g grated carrots (about 3)
  • 100g raisins
  • Grated zest of a large orange
  • 175g SR flour
  • 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • Pinch nutmeg
Topping
  • 175g icing sugar
  • 2 tablespoon orange juice
Method
  1. Pre-heat oven to 180C/Gas 4.
  2. Grease and line the base and sides of a 8cm square tin. The easiest way to do this is to cut two long strips the width of the tin and put each strip crossways covering the baseand sides of the tin, with a double layer in the base.
  3. Put the sugar, oil and eggs into a large mixing bowl. Lightly mix with a wooden spoon, stir in the grated carrots, raisins and orange zest.
  4. Mix the flour, bicarbonate of soda and spices together and then siftinto the bowl. Mix well - the mixture will be soft and almost runny.
  5. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 45 minutes until it feels firm and springy when pressed in the centre. Cool in the tin for 5mins. Turn it out and peel off the paper. You can freeze the cake at this point - but I am sure you will want to eat it.
  6. Place the topping ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat togetheruntil smooth. The icing should be runny. Place the cake on a serving plate and drizzle the icing over letting it run down the sides.


When I try the carrot cake bought by my sister, I feel that it a little sweet when you eat it a lot, so i will reduce the sugar 175g into 100g when I make this carrot cake, hope to not so sweet and I can eat a lot and no need to worry about healthty.

No comments:

Chitika

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails