By [http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Kimberly_Edwards]Kimberly Edwards
Some of my best memories of family is when we sit and eat together... I love eating dessert with loved ones. Everyone's satisfied from dinner and just enjoying the moment and each other. Even if it's a pie we made for an afternoon tea with my aunts, it is always special to me! Tried and true, mom's pie crust is strong enough for any filling, yet light, flaky and delicious. Perfect for Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie, Christmas Lemon Meringue, your favorite quiche and everything in between!
You can use this dough for making strudel or even top your pie with a crust or lattice...This is the perfect recipe for anything like that!
Serve With: Any pie filling
Yield: 3 large pie shells
2 cups Flour
1 1/2 cups Shortening
4 tbsp Water - Cold!
1 tbsp Brown Sugar - Packed - If you are making a pie crust that is for something sweet
1/2 tbsp White Vinegar
1/2 tsp Salt
1. Put flour, shortening, salt and sugar into a mixing bowl.
2. Using a pastry cutter, cut the shortening into the flour into pea sized pieces.
3. Beat egg in a small bowl.
4. Add liquids and egg to flour mixture and mix thoroughly with a fork.
5. Half the dough, make discs and wrap in plastic wrap to cool for at least 1 hr.
6. After about 1 hr, roll out dough and line pie plate.
7. Follow recipe for your particular pie to see if you should par-bake crust or not.
I truly hope you enjoy this recipe...
Kimberly Edwards is the founder of Cooking With Kimberly - Decadent Cooking from Home - Find a Delicious Cooking Recipe, Great Products and Helpful Tips & Information that will help you Explore the Joy of Cooking!
Discover more Amazing [http://cookingwithkimberly.com/?cat=20]Dessert Recipes and Check out Kimberly's Cooking Secrets at: http://www.CookingWithKimberly.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Kimberly_Edwards http://EzineArticles.com/?Moms-Classic-Pie-Crust&id=947296