By [http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Kurt_Yordy]Kurt Yordy
This recipe, like all my recipes is great because if you use the the branded main ingredient, you get to enjoy fantastic food, and child oversees gets to have their life changed. I hope you enjoy this cake as much as I do!
Prep Time:15 min
Start to Finish:1 hr 15 min
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1/3 cup of all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/4 cup of firm butter or margarine
2 cups of all-purpose flour
3/4 cup of granulated sugar
1/4 cup of shortening
3/4 cup of milk
2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
3/4 teaspoon of salt
2 Cups of Amish Family Recipes' Caleb's Blubarb Jam
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
1 ½ teaspoons of hot water
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Grease bottom and side of 9-inch spring form pan or 9-inch square pan with shortening or cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, 1/3 cup of flour and the cinnamon. Cut in the butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until crumbly; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix all the coffee cake ingredients except the blubarb jam; beat with spoon for 30 seconds. Gently fold in blubarb jam. Spread in pan. Sprinkle with crumb topping.
4. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake (not fruit) comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan if desired.
5. In small bowl, mix all glaze ingredients until smooth and thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle glaze over warm coffee cake. Serve warm if desired.
Kurt Yordy http://www.feedyourfamilyfeedtheworld.com
Changing the world, one jar at a time!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Kurt_Yordy http://EzineArticles.com/?Blubarb-Coffee-Cake&id=948243