Pinay In Texas Cooking Corner: Salmon and Shrimp Curry: "Lent is over I know...but I decided to keep doing Meatless Fridays . “Meatless” for me means no beef, pork, poultry, and full-fat dairy prod..."
Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: ~25 mins Servings: 4-6
1 lb. salmon fillet, cut into 1x2” rectangle pieces
12 pcs. shrimp, peeled and deveined
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium sized yellow onion, quartered
1 thumb-sized ginger, julienned
1 green bell pepper, cut into triangles ( I used ½ green and ½ orange bell pepper to add more color)
2 pcs. carrots cut into ½ “ thick
3 celery stalks, cut into 1 ½” long
2 cubes Golden Curry Sauce Mix
1 Tbsp fish sauce
1 can coconut cream (14 oz.)
3 Tbsp light olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a skillet over medium heat, fry salmon pieces in olive oil until light brown. Remove from skillet and set aside.
2. In the same skillet, sauté shrimps just until they turned pink. Remove from skillet and set aside.
3. Sauté garlic and ginger in the same skillet until light brown.
4. Add onion and curry cubes. Sauté until curry cubes are melted. Mix well.
5. Pour in fish sauce and coconut milk. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper to suit your taste. Lower heat to medium low. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
6. Add celery, bell peppers and carrots. Simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are almost cooked.
7. Add cooked salmon and shrimps. Gently cover with sauce. Cover and simmer for another 3 minutes.
8. Remove from heat. Serve with hot rice!