Simple Braised Lamb | Gluten Free Fix
Simple Braised Lamb
- olive oil, for searing
- 5 lb leg of lamb
- salt and pepper
- 2 medium onions, julienned
- 12 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
Serves 8-10 people.
- Heat dutch oven and drizzle with olive oil.
- Season lamb with salt and pepper and sear on both sides about 4 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Deglaze pan with red wine, scraping up any bits on the pan using a wooden spoon.
- Add broth and rosemary.
- Place lamb back in the liquid and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 3-4 hrs, until fork tender. Turning meat once every hour.
- Serve with braising liquid over Cauliflower Mash or potatoes.