Za Atar Crusted Chicken Schnitzel - Chicken Recipes
Ingredients for Za Atar Crusted Chicken Schnitzel
- 1 1/2 Cups Panko (Japanese Breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 Cup Za’atar
- 1 Tablespoon Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Salt, Divided
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper, Divided
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Large Egg White
- 8 (6-ounce) Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil, Divided
- 1 Lemon, Cut Into 8 Wedges (optional)
Preparation for Za Atar Crusted Chicken Schnitzel1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Combine panko, za’atar, sesame seeds, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a shallow dish. Place eggs and egg white in another shallow dish; lightly beat with a fork. Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Dredge 4 breast halves in panko mixture, then egg mixture. Dredge again in panko mixture.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 4 coated chicken breast halves to pan. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned, turning carefully with a spatula. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken, panko mixture, egg mixture, and oil.
4. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes or until done. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
8 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 1 lemon wedge)