Southwest Chicken Nachos Recipe: Recipes: RecipeTips.com
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, boneless, skinless chicken breast - chopped into small pieces - 3 tablespoons lime juice Salt and pepper - 2 tablespoons vegetable oil - 1 red bell pepper - 1 yellow bell pepper - 1 garlic clove, finely chopped - 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin - 1 teaspoon dried oregano - 3/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained Tortilla chips - 2 cups 3 pepper cheese, or jalapeño cheese - 8 ounces sour cream - 4 teaspoons pickled jalapeño, finely chopped Servings: 12
Container: skillet, 3 quart baking dish Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In mixing bowl, combine chicken and lime juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- In skillet, heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until hot. Sauté bell peppers until crisp-tender; approximately 3 minutes; transfer to a bowl.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoons oil in the skillet and cook garlic, cumin, and oregano; stir approximately 1 minute.
- Sir in beans and cook until heated through; season with salt and pepper.
- Layer tortilla chips on the bottom of the baking dish, then sautéed peppers, beans, chicken, and cheese; all in that order. Repeat, starting with a layer of tortilla chips.
- Place in the oven and bake until cheese is melted.
- While the nachos are baking, mix the sour cream and pickled jalapeños in a small dish. Serve as a sauce for the nachos. Add more jalapeños to reach desired heat.