Korean recipes: Avocado appetizers and ginkgo nut skewers - Maangchi.com
Ingredients for avocado appetizers:
1 medium size avocado, 1/3 cup flour, 1/3 cup water, 1-2 ts soybean paste, 1 clove of garlic, egg, salt, and vegetable oil.
Ingredients for ginkgo nut skewers:
Vegetable oil, ginkgo nuts, skewers, salt.
Ginkgo nut skewers:
- Skin avocados and slice them into several pieces.
- Make batter by mixing 1/3 cup of water, 1/3 cup of flour, 1 clove of chopped garlic, and 1 ts of soy bean paste.
- Crack an egg into a bowl and add a pinch of salt. Mix it up.
- Heat up the pan with some vegetable oil.
- Dip sliced avocado into the batter and then coat them with the egg mixture. Put them on the pan and cook until both sides look light golden brown.
- Transfer cooked avocado to a serving plate and serve.
- Heat up pan over medium heat and put in 1 tbs of vegetable oil.
- Add a handful of ginkgo nuts and 2 ts of salt to the pan.
- Stir them with a wooden spoon until the inner skins of ginkgo nuts are broken.
- Wrap the cooked ginkgo nuts in a paper towel and rub it the top to remove the inner skins.
- Skewer gingko nuts and serve them.