- 6-8 Servings
- Prep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1 quart butter pecan ice cream, softened
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup chocolate ice cream topping, optional
Additional whipped cream
- Spread ice cream into the crust; freeze for 2 hours or until firm. In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg; fold in whipped cream. Spread over ice cream. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before slicing. Drizzle with caramel ice cream topping. Drizzle with chocolate ice cream topping if desired. Dollop with whipped cream. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 452 calories, 25 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 289 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.Butter Pecan Pumpkin Pie published in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p31
Taste of Home Cookbook, 3rd Edition: Best Loved Classics and All-New FavoritesBonus Chapter: 30 Minute Light Recipes
Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook: New Family Classics Collection: Lose Weight with 416 More Great Recipes!