3 Apr 2008

Easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

By [http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Kim_Morgan_Moss]Kim Morgan Moss

Here is my quick version for the cure-all whether it's the cold, flu, or you're just not feeling up to snuff. Homemade Chicken Soup is the kind of comfort food that makes the worst go away and sends you on the mend as it is just Feel Good Food.

HOMEMADE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP

2 quarts chicken stock

4-6 chicken breasts

small bag baby carrots

3 stalks celery

1/2 pound good wide egg noodle

3 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped

salt & pepper to taste

I always keep homemade stock in the freezer, but should you be out of this or find such a thing foreign to you, buy a good organic chicken stock at your grocery store. I happened to already have roasted chicken breasts in the refrigerator, so I diced them up. If you don't, then lay your chicken breasts on a baking sheet sprinkle with salt & pepper, drizzle olive oil on top and pop into the oven 35-40 minutes or till juices run clean. Let the chicken cool when done, remove meat from bones, dice in large chunks and keep to side.

Meanwhile I heat the stock in a large stockpot. Then I slice carrots and celery drop them in boiling stock with with the egg noodles and cook till almost done about 7 minutes on medium high heat partially covered. I then add my diced chicken and heat for a minute or two till all is warm. As a final touch I add my freshly chopped parsley along with salt & pepper to taste. Serve homemade chicken noodle soup warm in large soup bowls or mugs. This takes all of 15 minutes to make minus the cooking time for the chicken. I make plenty of this when not feeling well, eat it for lunch and dinner, and bring to work when I am on the mend. This recipe freezes well as I have done so plenty of times and glad I've had it on hand.

Honestly it takes no time to make, this is so much better than canned and you will be glad you gave it a go.

Recently remarried to a "meat and potatoes" guy, I have miserbly failed at reinventing myself into a "meat and potatoes"cook. Don't get me wrong I love simple food, but the good kind of simple food, the kind that can't come out of a can or popped in the oven from a box neatly tucked in the freezer. So I am about to embark on a journey to find my way back to the kitchen I once knew, and return to my love of preparing good food for my family, despite my long hours of work at a job that let's just say...........isn't my calling. Grab a cup of coffee and stop by for a visit at http://www.GoodFoodJustGotBetter.com for more "Musings about Food, Family and God's Grace".

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Kim_Morgan_Moss http://EzineArticles.com/?Easy-Homemade-Chicken-Noodle-Soup&id=988571

No comments:

Chitika

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails