By [http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Catherine_G]Catherine G
Eating healthy during your pregnancy is crucial to your baby, and to
you. But even after that baby arrives, it is still important to your
body for you to make sure you are getting enough of all the proper
nutrients, even if you don't have the time to prepare elaborate meals.
If you prepare and eat a healthy meal in the morning, you will have
the energy and the stamina to get you through the day.
Plus, maintaining the proper balance of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals
within your body will also improve your mental health. You'll have
better focus, memory, patience, and mood. If you have any degree of
post partum depression, what you eat could factor in to how you feel.
During the pregnancy and after, how quickly your body adjusts and
recovers are also affected by how well you eat. Pre and post natal
vitamins help with this, but healthy eating habits are worth becoming
This recipe will start you on your way, to starting every day with a
tasty and nutritious meal.
Raspberry Rhapsody over Whole Wheat Pancakes
Ingredients for the topping
· 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
· 3 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
· 1 cup yogurt (plain or not, your choice)
For the whole wheat pancakes:
· 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
· 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
· 2 teaspoons baking powder
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 2/3 cup low fat milk
· 1 large egg
· 1 tablespoon canola oil
· 2 tablespoons honey
For the Rhapsody
1. In a small skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the
berries and cook until they begin to soften slightly, about 2 to 3
2. Add the yogurt and bring to a mild simmer. Set aside and keep warm.
For the pancakes
3. Mix the flours, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. (This can be
done the night before and kept covered on the counter.)
4. Lightly beat the milk, egg, oil and honey together.
5. Add the liquid ingredients all at once to the flour mixture. Do not
over mix, a few lumps are fine.
6. Warm a lightly greased griddle pan over medium heat. The pan is
ready when a few drops of water sprinkled on the griddle pop and hop.
7. Pour batter onto the griddle: When the tops of the pancakes are
covered with holes and the bottoms are golden brown, flip to brown the
8. Serve the pancakes topped with the Raspberry Rhapsody
Catherine is a mother of three and staff writer/blogger at [http://www.likethatname.com/]LikeThatName.com. LikeThatName provides a fast and fun way to discover thousands of interesting [http://www.likethatname.com/]baby names, along with a supportive community and information for new parents. To read the latest articles and join our community, visit us online today!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Catherine_G http://EzineArticles.com/?Breakfast-Really-Is-The-Most-Important-Meal-Of-The-Day&id=972107